[SS] “The two Jokers complete the deck as two players who were too important to leave out”, Stan the Stat remarked. “Here are the Jokers:1
Chris Moneymaker – black joker
WSOP Main Event: 1st (2003)
WSOP Bracelets: 1
WSOP Cashes: 4
WPT Titles: 0
Career Earnings: $3,613,059
- First online qualifier to win the WSOP Main Event.
- Following his Main Event victory, the number of entrants jumped from 839 to 2,576 to 5,619 to 8,773.
Daniel Negreanu – red joker
WSOP Main Event: 11th (2001, 2015)
WSOP Bracelets: 6
WSOP Cashes: 92
WPT Titles: 2
Career Earnings: $32,619,168
Hall of Fame
- Only player to be named WSOP Player of the Year twice (2004 & 2013); also WPT Player of the Year 2004-05.
- Became the first player to win bracelets in the WSOP Las Vegas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific in 2013.
- Other players who merited inclusion in the deck but were regretfully left out include Berry Johnston, David Chiu, and Gary Berland (five WSOP bracelets each); Bobby Baldwin (four bracelets); Dewey Tomko and Jack Keller (three bracelets); a host of WSOP Main Event winners; Carlos Mortensen, Erick Lindgren, Howard Lederer, J.C. Tran, and Freddy Deeb (multiple WPT title winners), Scott Seiver and Sam Trickett (top money earners); et al.
Cards may not display properly unless you view this post by itself.
Stats current as of November 14, 2016.
See the first Poker Greats post for more information about these playing cards.